Growing up with the influence of my French- and Hungarian-immigrant parents imbued me with an endless curiosity about the intersection of diet and culture. That curiosity developed into a life long passion as a result of a half dozen or so trips to Nicaragua, Mexico, Peru, and Hungary where I studied the varied approaches to diet, lifestyle and health.
Diversity has been my teacher. I have learned from those in the developing world, the struggling working class, and the wealthy and well educated. These experiences, along with my love of science, have shaped my philosophical approach to nutrition and health. When I’m not immersed in the medical world I enjoy playing music and being active in the great outdoors.
- Registered Dietitian
- Fulbright scholar
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.A. in Biology | University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.S. in Nutrition | Bastyr University | Seattle, Washington
- American Dietetic Association internship | Tulane University | New Orleans
- Renal dietitian | DaVita Dialysis | Washington, DC
- Dietitian | Shane Diet and Fitness Resorts | Ellenville and Ferndale, NY [More about y work with Shane]
- Adjunct faculty | Montgomery College and Frederick Community College | Maryland
- Nutrition faculty | National Autonomous University of Nicaragua (via Fulbright scholar grant) | Managua, Nicaragua
- Chronic disease specialist |La Clinica de la Raza | Oakland, California
- Nutrition, culinary, and fitness instructor | Wellspring Camps | La Jolla, California
- Wellness consultant and nutrition lecturer | Rancho La Puerta | Tecate, Mexico